for Briksdal Adventure AS and www.briksdaladventure.com
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an individual. This could be the person’s name, address, workplace, marital status, phone number, e-mail address etc. Information about your contact, reason for contact, and form of contact with Briksdal Adventure AS, can also be seen as personal information.
Sensitive personal information is neither collected, nor used by Briksdal Adventure AS. These are personal data such as criminal offences, crimes committed, health related issues, and similar. If you are looking for more information about personal information in general, you can visit https://www.datatilsynet.no/om-personvern/personopplysninger
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name or (e-mail) address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
If at any time you would like to unsubcribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How does Briksdal Adventure AS use the personal information?
The purpose of the contact form and following correspondence, is to follow up requests and duties to the customer. Briksdal Adventure AS is dependent on an open platform as such between itself and the customer, in order to ensure satisfactory communication and end product.
The purpose of the information from Google Analytics, is to improve the website experience. This could for example be to make the layout more user friendly, understand user trends, improve its effectiveness, and deliver the expected services in a better way, and prevent criminal behaviour such as hacking.
The legal foundation for Briksdal Adventure’s handling of personal information, is § 11 of the law of personal information (“personopplysningsloven”).
Who is responsible for the handling of your personal information at www.briksdaladventure.com
Briksdal Adventure’s own General Manager is responsible for the business’ handling of personal information. In the event of delegation in the future, it is solely the delegation of work related tasks that occur. The responsibility for any personal information is always carried by Briksdal Adventure AS.
Personal information received by Briksdal Adventure AS
Briksdal Adventure AS has two (2) sources of personal information, which both have basis in § 8 of the law of personal information (“personopplysningsloven”).
- The main source of personal information, is information that you yourself provide. This happens primarily through the contact form on Briksdal Adventure’s website. The contact form functions as the meeting point between potential/existing customers and Briksdal Adventure AS. It is entirely voluntary if you wish to fill out such a form, or to remain a passive visitor on the site. Personal information that is collected via the contact form is phone number, e-mail, and name.
After use of the contact form, additional personal information may be generated through e-mail, phone and similar correspondence between Briksdal Adventure AS and you as a potential/existing customer.
- The second source of personal information, is information that Briksdal Adventure AS itself collects. This collection happens through the use of Google Analytics. The information that is collected is how long you stay on the site, your IP-address, which links you click, and how many users there are on the site at any given time, to name some.
How to administrate your own personal information
The limited amount of personal information Briksdal Adventure AS collects via you, and on their own initiative is, compared to other entities and web services, very marginal. This means that administration on the potential/existing customer’s part in regards to their personal information, such as their use in apps, and settings for personalised ads, is not applicable. The personal information that is collected is, as mentioned, not used for any such purposes.
Regardless, you still always have rights in regards to the personal information, which you can read more about below.
Due to the law of personal information (“Personopplysningsloven”), you the user or customer of Briksdal Adventure AS, have a right to be forgotten, the right to data portability, the right to insight, and the right not to be profiled.
- The right to be forgotten, means that any and all personal information registered with Briksdal Adventure AS can be requested to be deleted. If this is not requested, Briksdal Adventure AS will still delete most personal information two years after end of contract.
- The right to data portability means that you may receive a digital copy of all personal information Briksdal Adventure AS has of you. This right also includes that you can bring this personal information to another business if it is technically possible, and defensible. Personal information that is covered by data portability is personal information given to Briksdal Adventure AS, like through the contact form, or automated personal information generated through use of Briksdal Adventure‘s services.
- The right to insight means that you have the right to see what information Briksdal Adventure AS has registered on you.
- The Right against profiling gives you the right to refuse Briksdal Adventure AS to map your usage and pattern, and as such tailor our services to you based on this mapping. Typical examples would be personalised ads, service development, marketing surveys etc. This is however for the most part not applicable to Briksdal Adventure AS, as Briksdal Adventure AS has very little interest in or need for such width and depth mapping.
In order to use one or more of these rights, please contact us. You have a right by law to receive an answer from us within at least one (1) month.
Third party links
Occassionly, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Sharing of personal information with third parties
Briksdal Adventure AS does not share any personal information from the contact form, collections or information from others with any third party. If such sharing were still to occur, you will always receive a consent request from us.
Secure archival, deletion and internal control
In league with the law of personal information (“personopplysningsloven”) § 13, all personal information received by Briksdal Adventure AS will be archived on either a secure e-mail or server for the duration of the work relationship between you and Briksdal Adventure AS. Upon termination of work relationship, all communication and personal information will be deleted within two (2) years.
Briksdal Adventure AS maintains internal control for such archival, security and deletion. These procedures are all carried out in compliance with legal standards.
Protection of children's privacy
Briksdal Adventure AS has no wish or need to collect or handle personal information about children under the age of sixteen (16). Personal information of such nature must come through a legal guardian.
Any personal information left behind by children with Briksdal Adventure AS will be deleted as soon as it is discovered.
Ombudsman for privacy
Briksdal Adventure AS does not have a delegated ombudsman for matters of privacy and personal information, as the company is not a public business, does not handle sensitive personal data, does not carry out systematic mapping of individuals, and does not handle personal information regarding criminal offences.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Changes to policy
This policy was last modified on February, 2019.
Telephone: +47 57 11 80 70 / +47 901 38 308