Kayaking on the Nordfjord
| ★★★★★ (0 guest reviews)
Experience the magnificent green water on the Nordfjord, surrounded by steep Mountains, soaring waterfalls and glaciers. This fjord was created by glaciers, dominated by the vikings, and is now a world famous tourist attraction.
- These tours are a well adapted to beginners, and no previous experience is needed.
- The kayaks we use are stable tandem kayaks and you will have all necessary instructions before we start.
We take safety seriously, so we start off by doing a thorough go through on safety procedures, and we will make sure everybody knows what to do if a capsize should occur. After the safety drill, your professional guide will show you correct paddle strokes, and how to synchronize paddling with your partner.
- This is a perfect tour tailored to suit those who wish to try out kayaking or who have little experience, but who also wish to learn about Nordfjord’s history and culture from the shoreline.
- The tour is just long enough and in lovely surroundings. During the tour, your professional guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour.
We start from the rustic yet refined Mölla Guesthouse, in Olden, gear up and go over our safety briefing before we head out on to the glacial waters of Nordfjord. At the starting point, you will receive an instruction and safety briefing to prepare you for the tour. We’ll focus on safety, paddle instructions and outfitting. We use double kayaks, meaning that they’re very stable, and you can enjoy conversation, as well as share your experience with others. Kayak, paddle, buoyancy aid/personal flotation device and sprayskirt/splash cover are included. We’ll spend approximately half an hour doing the introduction to what we plan to do, and what to expect on the tour. You will then be taken out on the fjord and guided through the landscape and history of the area.
Welcome to a stress free day, where you can truly enjoy the magnificent Norwegian scenery!
Good to know:
- Meeting place: Mølla Guesthouse
Please be there at the latest 15 minutes before your booked time.
- Please note that food is not included*
The feeling of being outdoors, of being part of a small team in great nature, captures all your senses. The beautiful, untamed nature and the valley´s dramatic history make a visit to Nordfjord an experience not to be missed.
Included in this tour:
- Professional guide with navigation, safety and emergency equipment
- All the equipment required for kayaking
Please read the “Additional information” and “General conditions of contract” before booking.
Though our regular scheduled tours are not strenuous, we highly recommend that you arrange personal travel/ medical insurance.
If you are after strenuous exercise, please be aware that our regular tours are not meant to be this, you will be asked to adjust your speed to the other clients and the guides pace.
We recommend that you bring:
- A packed lunch and enough bottled water/drinks for the duration of the trip. And energy / additional snacks (chocolate, nuts, etc is always a good thing to have in the pockets).
- Suitable clothing according to the weather. Water and windproof clothing is always good to have in Norway.
- Cap, Sunglasses, Sunscreen, etc.
- Camera is recommended, but on your own risk. Bring a small waterproof bag/purse if needed.
- A small backpack/bag with additional clothing layers (fleece/woolen swather, etc.
• Professional guide
Safety briefing and instruction
All necessary equipment:
• kayak (single or double)
• personal flotation device
10 yrs. +
Due to the possibility of rapidly-changing weather conditions, it may be necessary to make changes to scheduled trips. In the event that your trip needs to be rescheduled for another day or cancelled on short notice, you may choose between joining the rescheduled trip or cancel your order. In the event that weather conditions deteriorate during your tour, it may be necessary to turn around on the trail or head back earlier than planned. If this happens, no refunds will be given.