Glacier walk on the Tystigbreen Glacier at Strynefjellet, near Stryn Summerski.
You will be surrounded by breathtaking views. In every direction there is something spectacular to see, such as the Mt. Lodalskaapa (2083 m), Oppstrynsvatnet Lake in the Strynedalen Valley and the plateau of the great Jostedal Glacier – the largest glacier on mainland Europe.
- Season: July – August
- Departures at Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Duration of the trip: approximately 5-6 hours
- Price: 850 NOK pr. person, included all the required equipment and the transport with the chair lift
- Group discount: 800 kr pr. Person (minimum 4 persons)
- Difficulty level: Medium
- Meeting point: By the parking place of the stryn summerski resort at 09:45 Google maps location
- Bookings must be made in advance: Ruben@Briksdalsbre.no / +47 901 38 308
- We prefer payment with visa/mastercard card when you meet the guide. No advance payment required
Meeting point by the parking place of the Stryn summerski resort at 09:45
We get ready for the trip, before we depart the parking place around 10:15 and take a seat in the chairlift.
The lift takes us up through dramatic scenery, and for each minute the view gets increasingly breathtaking.
Photos from the trip
Please note that there can still be snow up there, even in the middle of the summer. We might be walking on glacier ice, or winter snow, the nature is in charge on this, not us.
The walk up to the glacier front takes us about 45 miutes in average, and it includes about 250 altitude meters on a slightly challenging path, so you should be used to walking to join this trip.
As we reach the glacier we gear up, using our helmets, crampons/snow shoes, harness, ice axe and ropes.
The walking on the glacier lasts about 2-3 hours. We’ll be exploring the ice in a safe manner. The condition on the ice may be blue ice, or ice with snow on the surface (this depends on the amount of snow we get in the winter)
The guide shares his local knowledge with you, as well as basic geology/ glaciology. The peak of the trip is the lunchtime, that we have ON the glacier.
Few people can say that they’ve had lunch on a glacier, surrounded by breathtaking views. In every direction there’s something spectacular to see, such as the mt Lodalskaapa (2083 masl), Lake oppstryn al the way down at 28 masl and the plateau of the Jostedalsglacier (the largest glacier on mainland Europa) and glacier 1650 meters above sea level.. would you like to be one of them? Join our trip!
The walk back down towards the chair lift should take us about 45 minutes, and we’ll probably be by the parking place at around 16:00
I recommend that you bring:
– Packed lunch (we usually have 30 minute lunch on the glacier)
– snacks (chocolate, nuts, etc is always a good thing to have in the pockets)
-Suitable clothing according to the weather. Water and windproof clothing is always good to have in Norway
-Mountain boots (we also have shoes for rent (free of charge)
-Gloves (We have gloves for guests that forgot their own gloves (free of charge)
Minimum 5 persons. We accept booking request of less then 5 persons, and will send a confirmation email when we receive more than 5 bookings for the specific day.
You must book in advance in order to ensure that guests have a place in the rope team.
We focus on a stress free day, where we truly enjoy the magnificent Norwegian scenery.